Friday 23 April 2010

Good mood food

It is a truth universally acknowledged (sorry, couldn’t resist) that when you’re feeling a bit off colour you start to crave all the sorts of daft comfort food which are not designed to do you scrap of good.

Seriously, one of the best ways to improve your health and your mood is to hop off to the gym and get those endorphins flowing and stuff yourself full of fruit and vegetables. But what does my treacherous mind decide to do? Develop full on cravings for cheese on toast, anything that can be made with a half pound of butter, chocolate and frozen pizza. Not even nice frozen pizza, but the cheap, doughy kind. What’s going on there?

Yep, it’s been a bad few days on the diet front and a bad few days on the cooking front but it’s time to snap out of the funk. I currently have a pan full of onions stewing on the hob to which I’m going to add garlic, tomatoes and anchovies to make a tart topping, and the sweet smell spreading through the house is making me feel more domestic and content then I have for the last few days. OK, so puff pastry probably is not particularly points friendly but baby steps…at least it isn’t prick and ping!

ETA: 50g of a ready to roll puff pastry comes in at 5 points - so not too bad at all. Maybe if the tart turns out well I'll post my first recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment