Meal planning didn't quite work out last week as one or other of us was out five nights out of seven. I've mentioned before that I absolutely hate cooking for one, so when I'm on my own I don't tend to bother with anything more than a microwave meal. Yes, I know, my foodie credentials get smaller and smaller don't they? Of course, if I was really organised I'd keep a load of pre-portioned homecooked meals in the freezer for such occasions. One day, I will be that person.
So, given the recent heat, I've been trying to come up with lighter meals for this week. I think I'm naturally more of a winter cook (if there is such a thing) as I do find summer meal planning a little bit more difficult. Or perhaps I just find meal planning difficult full stop because I long to be spontaneous and fabulous. Ah well.
So, in particular order:
- Chilli con carne. Not particularly light or summery, but a firm household favourite
- Three cheese pasta. Oh look, another not particularly light or summery dish. But I've had this in my head for a while now - I want to try and make a version of a childhood favourite that is slightly WW friendly. Stay tuned for a recipe if it is successful.
- Chicken Caesar Salad - salad cos it's summer, see?
- Prawn and scrambled egg stir fry.
- Mediterranean style fish stew with crusty bread on the side
- Sweet mustard salmon with roasted veg
As always, if you're lacking in a bit of meal planning inspiration you can head over to Mrs M's blog for more ideas.