Monday 20 February 2012

Meal planning Monday - 20th February 2012

Well, here we are again. It’s Monday which means two things: weigh in and meal planning. Let’s leave you in suspense with regards the weigh in, shall we? And move straight to the meal planning.

I’ll be away Tuesday night and home late on Wednesday night, so only five household meals to be accounted for this week. We’re still on freezer clearing duty: you’ll notice broad beans to make a sneaky late appearance – I swear that the bag doesn’t appear to be going down at all!
  • Tonight – leek and goats’ cheese tart (using pastry from the freezer and goats’ cheese that is currently making the fridge smell a wee bit suspicious)
  • Thursday then becomes a belated Shrove Tuesday! Yes, we’re having pancakes for tea. The sensible option would be to cook something light and nutritious and then follow it up with a couple of pancakes; I’m not sensible so I’m going to just eat pancakes. With lemon juice and sugar. Mmmmmm.
  • Friday – it’s Fakeaway night! Lamb seekh kebabs in pitta bread, probably with some kind of chilli condiment, and spiced potato wedges.
  • On Saturday we’ll be having a stew of oxtail with chorizo and rioja. We’ve made this recipe before and it is absolutely wonderful, so I’ll probably blog about this one separately. At the moment, the plan is to serve it with mashed potato and broad beans with serrano ham. Gorgeous.
  • Finally, Sunday, and I’m going to be digging out my beloved Breville to make an old favourite of mine from my university days – smoked salmon and cream cheese toasties.
As always, plenty more meal planning going on at Mrs M's.

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love me a toastie! Strong cheddar, tomato and sliced up pickled onion is delish.

    And I really LOVE pancakes. I'm going to have to have one. Or two. But resisting my usual half a dozen will be tough.

    Px

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must get a recipe for chorizo stew, whenever I see it I think I would like to cook it! Don't keep us in suspense with the weigh in! How's it going? I'm doing Slimming World, which suits me down to the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, Peridot - toasties rock! And, I've discovered you don't need to smear half a pack of butter on the outside to produce the authentic Brevilled effect (nice as it is).

    Fay - sweet of you to ask :-) Half a pound this week, twelve for the year so far - slow but steady! And yes, chorizo stew is fantastic, you don't need to use much to get a lovely depth of flavour. Not sure if oxtail will be very SW friendly (it certainly isn't WW friendly!!) but you could always use lean braising steak instead...

    Sx

    ReplyDelete