Tuesday 8 May 2012

Girl walks into a church hall…

So, on Saturday morning, two days later than planned, I went back to Fat Club.

It was a blow to my pride. I had thought, or rather, hoped, that I was in a good enough place to do this under my own steam without the ritual humiliation of getting weighed by someone else (and I do find it humiliating, even if that is not the intention). But if the last few years have taught me anything it is that there is nothing wrong with asking for a bit of help, so, with a deep breath and a girding of the loins, I entered.

And I am so glad I did. It was the nicest meeting I have yet been to.

The weigh in was far less painful than expected – even fully dressed I was still over a stone down from the start of the year, and I am glad that I dragged myself back before I regressed past that milestone.

Current mood: cautiously optimistic.

4 comments:

  1. Good work - it's never easy rejoining a class, but it's the best way to stay on track I think... (although I am struggling presently!)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's no humiliation....it's just you, deciding that you want to drop some poundage and having the sense to seek a little help when needed. Glad you found a nice class and I hope it spurs you onwards. A stone is great since the start of the year!

    Lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear your pain. I, too, was skeered when I went back to see my Doctor as I knew I'd be weighed and although I didn't THINK I'd show as having put weight on, I knew I had done so - then lost it again - in the meantime. Turns out that I was just 2lbs lighter (for which I got a mild telling off, as it should have been more), but quietly I was congratulating myself for having got back on track again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good on ya girl! After reaching goal just over a year ago I desperately need to go back too, keep telling myself I can shift these 10lbs alone. The accountability of being weighed just can't be beaten - good luck! xx

    ReplyDelete