Monday 14 May 2012

Meal planning Monday – 14th May 2012

Things move apace. We have now accepted an offer on our flat and it has become more imperative than ever to actually eat down the contents of the freezer as well as the storecupboards. This is easier said than done when one is also trying to create a meal plan that is balanced and tasty and healthy and varied and all those other adjectives. But I’ll give it a shot.

  • Monday: D is out having curry today so I can please myself this evening. I’m indulging my dark side with an M&S pizza which will do my tea tonight and also, with a side salad, lunch on Tuesday and Wednesday.
  • Tuesday: Pork and prawn stir fry with noodles. Pork from the freezer, but it was such a meagre little piece I thought we might need some more protein. So have bought two packs of prawns (they were on offer) to use up one small piece of pork fillet. Yeah, freezer clearing really not my forte…
  • Wednesday: Asparagus (hurrah!) with Parmesan shavings, lemon butter and a poached egg. Probably some sort of bread on the side for juice mopping.
  • Thursday: Chicken fajitas – these have been popping up on meal plans all over the place recently! I’ll be approximating this for the fajita seasoning, although I don’t have garlic or onion powder (fresh onion and garlic will probably do).
  • Friday: We’re out all day at York Races, which could get a little messy. I’ve tried to anticipate my takeaway cravings by getting in some Birds’ Eye southern fried chicken fillet things so I can create a chicken burger when I get home. No guarantee I’ll manage to avoid the kebab shop on the way though…
  • Saturday: Mmmmm, curry night. I’m making a cardamom butter chicken recipe from this month’s Good Food magazine, with mushroom curry, rice and naan bread on the side.
  • Sunday: Eggs “Benedict”: only with smoked salmon instead of ham and a toasted bagel instead of a toasted muffin. So, actually, not a Benedict at all.
As always, head over to Mrs M’s for more meal planning fun.

2 comments:

  1. I sooooo know what you mean about those blasted fajitas! I was beginning to wonder if I'd missed a memo!!!!!!

    Great news about the flat. Took us ages to clear out our freezer too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fajitas are fab and wraps are cool!

    Its not a memo its just that with kids they will actually eat it! LOL

    BNM

    ReplyDelete