Saturday 14 September 2013

Autumn Days

Today is beautifully sunny but there is something in the quality of the light and the feel of the air that speaks very clearly of autumn.  And that is not a problem for me as autumn is probably one of my favourite times of the year.  I like the dark nights, where you draw the curtains and light a couple of candles and put Strictly on the telly, and the cooler days and the smell of incipient winter.

Autumn, September, is also (for me at least) a time of fresh starts - the new school year.  This September is a little different as I am currently in the process of packing up and saying goodbye to this poor, maligned house.  I hope its next owners give it the love and TLC it deserves and put the splendid oven to better use than reheating ready meals.  It is all good, I am very happy and looking forward to going back to being a fulltime wife, but I intensely dislike transition periods.  Transition means unsettled and I am a creature who very much likes to be settled.

So forgive me if I am a little quiet over the next few weeks. Come October and I will be back cooking, meal planning, weighing in (there is a Saturday morning meeting just a five minute walk from my new house - I have No Excuse) and doing some sneaky non-WW-friendly eating out (we're going to Purnell's for D's birthday in October - MUCH excitement!)  Business as usual in fact.  You have been warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment