Wednesday 18 December 2013

‘Twas the weigh in before Christmas

Weeks 1-11: -27 lbs
This week: -2lbs
Total loss: 29lbs


Two stone achieved plus a pound for luck – and the half case of fizz is mine! Mwah hah hah.

No more official WW weigh ins now until January 8th. If I am feeling particularly masochistic I will keep an eye on how the home scales are going. Although I did hop on them the other day to be greeted with the message “Lo”, which, while satisfyingly Biblical, is not particularly useful.

Actually, one of my aims for the next two weeks is to enjoy Christmas without going over the top but also without pangs of guilt. Back in days of yore when I succeeded in becoming something of a skinny Minnie it was only through exerting the sort of sheer bloody mindedness that turns some people into Olympic athletes. If only I could use my powers for good, eh? Seriously, you do need to be committed and focused to lose weight, but when committed and focused becomes obsessed and rigid then you have gone too far.

So if you’ll excuse me, I’m just off to investigate the tin of Roses that is lurking in the office kitchen. I may be some time…

4 comments:

  1. Whoop whoop! Not only is it nice to have a goal which you have achieved (good on you! share the fizz? No?) but also to have a levelheadedness to not go MAD over the next couple of wks but to realise that some belt tightening is acceptable

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hazel, your cat is absolutely gorgeous! And thank you for your lovely comment.

    And of course, there is plenty of fizz to go around!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really deserve every bubble of that fizz! Congratulations.

    Px

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, I'm so pleased for you! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete