Monday 27 January 2014

MPM: 27th January 2014

 
 
 
I am so enjoying my day to day food at the moment.  As someone who writes what purports to be a foodie blog you’d have thought that was a given.  But I fell a bit out of love with cooking and meal planning in 2013 and it’s lovely to have it back as part of the regular routine.  It is also lovely to be looking forward to all of the yummy things that I am going to be eating in any given week – although possibly slightly sad that on a Monday morning I am already salivating at the thought of my Saturday supper!
 
And, having rhapsodised about rediscovering a love of home cooking, two evenings out of seven this week we are eating out.  Well, I am nothing if not inconsistent. 
 
So, in vague order...
 
Surprise Tatin (leftovers from Sunday night), salad
 
An obligatory soup night
 
A curry night.  I’m cooking a couple of old favourites that I’ve posted on the blog: cumin spiced chicken and a simple, zero point mushroom curry as well as a shallow fried version of these spiced potato “burgers”  
 
Steamed buns (a la Momofuku) with spicy prawn patties
 
Pappardelle with butternut squash and chanterelle mushrooms
 
As always, more meal planning fun over at Mrs M’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment