Friday 14 March 2014

Moving on up (a bit)

Weeks 1-23: -45lbs
This week: +1.5lbs
Total loss: 43.5lbs


So, as expected, a gain this week and deserved to be quite honest. Four days out of seven well off track. At least I can take comfort in the fact that it would have been a lot worse had I not got my act together on Tuesday.

A gain always stings, even when you know the reason. I’ve had a relatively easy ride so far and a few weeks where I’ve achieved a loss where, really, it wasn’t warranted and so I suppose at the back of my mind I had hoped that I would always get away with it. This week has given me the salutary lesson that I won’t. It is ok to choose to have time “off” but I can’t then complain when the scales nudge their way up.

This next week is a quiet one which will (I nearly used the word “should”) give me the opportunity to turn things around. There is no doubt in my mind that I will – I want this far too much to allow a little slip up to derail me.

This, by the way, is one of the Saturday night cocktails that led me down the path to gaindom. It is in an OWL for gawdsake. How could I not?




4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. A place called Nightjar down in London - think it was near Shoreditch. The owl cocktail was the Yorkshire one and it was soooo good.

      www.barnightjar.com/

      Delete
  2. OMFreakingG that owl is amazing! I can't quite work it out but no, there's no way that anyone could resist a cocktail in an owl. I've seen your resistance and it is an admirable thing but owls cocktails? They're on the 'dieting kryptonite' list.

    Have a lovely weekend.

    Px

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have had to have had the Owl cocktail....that's my team's badge and nickname. Sheffield Wednesday are the Owls so kryptonite or not, I would've been there!!

    Very philosophically done by the way. I can almost hear the teeth being gritted in determination from here! L xx

    ReplyDelete