Monday 14 July 2014

MPM: 14th July 2014



Bit of a blogging hiatus since coming back from holiday – I’ve just been trying to get back into the swing of things work wise and diet wise but I have lots of lovely pictures to share from Barcelona, so I’ll try and get that sorted this week.

I’ve been back on track since weighing in on Friday. The figure was higher than I would have liked, but I’m not going to brood about it, I’ve recommitted and I’ve had a good weekend, eating well (some might say positively indulgently considering pizza, bacon sandwiches, home made curry and a roast dinner all featured) but coming in within my points allowance. I intend for this week to continue in the same vein.

We had a dee-licious chicken dinner last night – honestly, I think I’ve got roasts cracked! Roast chicken, roast potatoes, herby carrot mash, creamy minted broad beans, Yorkshire pudding and gravy. I think the key is to not to attempt too many different component parts. Anyway, what that means is that there is lots of lovely leftover chicken to use up, so two of our meals this week take advantage of that.

Elsewhere, D is running a 10k on Sunday and has requested spaghetti carbonara on Saturday night for the purposes of carb loading – no arguments from me! His post race meal will need to be protein rich and robust, and we have a brisket currently brining in the garage ready for that.

So the week looks like…

Caesar salad, with herby roasted chicken and caramellised onions

Soup (smoked haddock, sweet potato and spinach)

Chicken and leek pasta bake

Sticky pork belly with noodles, red pepper and pak choi stir fry

Spaghetti Carbonara

Corned beef with parsley sauce

And, as ever, there is more meal planning fun over at Mrs M’s.

6 comments:

  1. Those meals all sound delicious. How do you eat for the rest of the day when you have something like pork belly for dinner, which I assume is on the higher side calorie wise?

    And by the way - I've just started my own blog, if you're interested in checking it out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. All sounds really delicious, especially the pork belly. I have taken to jointing chickens as a whole one is too much for just the 2 of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum! Everything sounds so tasty....Especially the Sticky pork belly :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. God, that all sounds tasty. You seem like you are rightback in the zone. Keep it up chuck and I'm looking forward to the Barcelona pics. L xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your food always sounds amazing! I need tips on a tasty roast chicken because without the skin (which is my favourite bit) mine tastes of nothing at all.

    Love Barcelona, hope you had an amazing time x

    ReplyDelete
  6. All sounds delicious, especially the sticky pork belly, yum!

    ReplyDelete