Friday 23 January 2015

An apology

Dearest, dearest readers of the blog.

I'm sorry that it has been a sad, neglected little thing lately.

I don't see any point in making excuses.  Although I could use the word my beloved sometimes uses and blame it on the ennui.  January seems a good month for ennui.  It is supposed to be the month in which we get going with all of our resolutions and new goals and new challenges.  And, for me, it always feels like a month to hide away.  I don't want to do new things.  I want to sleep and drink tea and wish for brighter weather.

But I am going to make a concerted effort to change.  I love this little blog.  It is a corner of the internet that I can call my own and I love the people who have stopped by here and made it such a convivial place to be.  I will therefore try and post more regularly, even if I don't feel like I have much to say.  The nice thing about blogs is that they are so entirely personal that you can be upfront and talk about things like the fact that January is horrible and crap, and that you miss sunshine and that you love your cat and that you are having trouble getting your 2015 weight loss campaign up and running and you know that there are people out there who will support you.

I have also been told that I am not allowed to just post pictures of Minx and let that count as communication.  Fairy nuff. But, I ask you, if you had this little sweetie on your knee while you overdosed on Netflix, would you be inclined to move her?

No, exactly.

4 comments:

  1. But she is ridiculously cute and I like seeing pictures of her!! And I'm also suffering life ennui in a even though I live in a ski resort in the Alps ... how ridiculous is that??? Just keep talking - I for one enjoy your writing! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely - and sorry to hear that you're a bit down in the dumps as well. Let's hope we both start to cheer up a bit as the year continues. Big hugs. xxx

      Delete
  2. She is indeed gorgeous and I will never complain of too many cat photos.

    And welcome back - I love visiting your blog and will be a stalwart cheerleader in your 2015 campaign, as I am likewise trying to restart mine!

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hurrah! And belated happy new year wishes to you and yours.

      Delete