Monday 29 June 2015

Getting back to blogging one Meal Planning Monday at a time...

 


Sometimes, life gets in the way of both blogging and dieting.  And sometimes, it is not so much life as me...I get in the way of it.  I think that I have fallen out of love with things recently, got a bit stale. I need to think carefully about how I can regain the amazing mojo that I had not all that long ago. 

Without going too much into it, I've been feeling a bit off.  Long time readers will know that I am someone who has to keep a careful eye on my mental health and I haven't been as vigilant as I should of late.  And it can be a vicious cycle to fall into - I start to feel a bit low, a bit disinclined to look after myself as well as I should and that then feeds the devil on my shoulder and my mood continues to dip. 

I am, I know, amazingly lucky in many ways, especially in my family and my husband who is unstintingly supportive.  I also know that the tide will turn, as it always does and I will bounce back full of enthusiasm and then everything will be easy.  That's what I am holding out for - the day when it becomes easy again. 

In the meantime, there is still meal planning!  This week, D is out on Friday, and we are both dining out on Saturday.  So five days to think about...

Prawns with a chilli viniagrette and sweet potato and coriander mash
Leftover lamb biryani
Red pepper and goats' cheese alfredo pasta
Pea and ham soup
Tandoori chicken, creamy lentil dahl, home made flatbreads

As ever, more meal planning fun over at Mrs M's - and sorry for the slightly self indulgent whinge at the beginning of the post!

9 comments:

  1. Absolutely nothing wrong with being self indulgent, that's what blogs are for :) I hope you are beginning to feel better! Good food and family can go some way to brightening things up and hopefully that very tasty plan you have will help. How was you meal this evening? that sounds gorgeous, I'm a big fan of prawns!

    Hope you have a lovely week ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your lovely comment - and the prawn dish was very nice indeed, I may well have to blog it later this week!

      Delete
  2. Perfectly ok to whinge - keeping it all inside is not going to help. Hope you feel better soon - lots of sunshine this week at least, that can't hurt. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - and yes, it's amazing what a bit of sunshine can do for mood, I plan to enjoy it at every opportunity!

      Delete
  3. Whinge away :) I really do hope the tide turns sooner rather than later. Your pasta dish sounds delicious, must look that one up! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel better for getting that 'whinge' off your chest - we all need to vent from time to time. I can definitely relate to losing your mojo, I've felt exactly the same in the last week or so and it's so hard to diet when you just don't want too or can't be bothered. Hopefully your mojo will be back soon :) Your meals sound lovely and tasty. Hope you have a great week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a whinge at all - you're exceptionally stoic.

    May that easy day be just around the corner.

    Px

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not a whinge at all - you're exceptionally stoic.

    May that easy day be just around the corner.

    Px

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not a whinge at all - you're exceptionally stoic.

    May that easy day be just around the corner.

    Px

    ReplyDelete