Thursday 30 July 2015

Hitting up the Scotland Year of Food and Drink 2015

I'm on the countdown to my holidays - today is officially my last day in the office for over two weeks and I couldn't be happier about it.  We are off to Scotland on Monday - a couple of nights in Glasgow and then a whistlestop tour of Islay before Mull for a week.  The weather forecast might be a little dismal but our enthusiasm remains undampened.

It goes without saying that most of our plans involve indulging in some fabulous food and drink.  Not for nothing did we pick Islay, home to a number of fantastic whisky distilleries, and no trip to Mull would be complete without at least one seafood binge.  I hope to share some of my adventures here while we go round, WiFi access allowing.

By a very happy coincidence, it turns out that 2015 has been declared the Year of Food and Drink in Scotland so hopefully we will come across some events while we are out and about.  Whatever happens, you can be sure that there will be plenty of enthusiastic prose and terrible photography.

A beautiful Scottish oyster topped with chorizo in Oban
I'm also conscious that I've been very lax about posting recipes here lately and we've been doing some fantastic cooking at home.  I'm going to try and schedule some recipe posts to pop up over the next couple of weeks while we're away - keep your eyes peeled for a very interesting prawn dish and a superlative pulled pork.

No comments:

Post a Comment