Monday 14 September 2015

MPM: 15th September 2015



One of the best things about meal planning is the sense of anticipation when you've got a really nice dish coming up.  Because clearly, dinner is the highlight of everyone's day, right?  I'm already looking forward to Saturday night: confit duck legs and Doctor Who is basically bliss.

We celebrate our fourth wedding anniversary this week and D is in charge of the catering - he has promised to make me the best.  Sandwich.  Ever.  He knows me so well - sandwiches are right up there among my favourite things.  I shall be providing fizz to wash it down.  On Friday he is off to visit his Dad so I shall be pricking and pinging.

Otherwise we will be eating:

Spicy prawns with green salad and potato salad
Vietnamese style braised pork with rice and stir fry veg using the remains of the Sunday roast
Spaghetti with creamy tomato, rosemary and caper sauce (sadly bumped from last week)
Confit duck legs with mash and braised red cabbage
Coq au riesling with homemade baguette

More meal planning fun over at Mrs M's.

8 comments:

  1. Happy wedding anniversary! And a great plan, that spaghetti sounds great as do the duck legs and coq au riesling! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! And we need more details of this sandwich....

    Px

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!! And thanks for your lovely offer re my mum's funeral. No need, we will be full to bursting but it was so kind and reminds me how lovely bloggers are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, and hope you and your family are doing ok. Thinking of you.

      Delete
  4. Amazing meal plan. I know exactly what you mean about the sense of anticipation; I feel like we really do eat better when we're planning our meals more. All the meals here sound indescribably delicious, and actually if I could just pick up your entire meal plan for the week and have it for myself, I totally would.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alison, you are very welcome to pop round if you happen to be near Leeds, we love to cook for other people!!

    ReplyDelete