Monday 23 November 2015

MPM: 23rd November 2015

And so to winter.  I loved the crisp cold of this weekend, especially since for most of it I was toasty warm inside and pottering around the kitchen in a fug of good smells.  As I write this now, on Sunday afternoon, the house is full of the scent of cinnamon as a banana loaf bakes in the oven, and I feel remarkably smug and domestic goddess-esque, albeit I am a domestic goddess who hasn't removed her pyjamas all weekend.  Fresh air?  I can stick my nose out of the back door, thanks.

Winter sheep!
Having said that, we have a couple of outing planned for next week, some joint some solo, so the meal plan is relatively short.

Mussels with leeks, bacon and cider
Creamy butternut squash and red pepper soup
D's famous rabbit pie with mash and Yotam Ottolenghi's braised red cabbage with sherry, prunes and orange.

I'm really looking forward to the pie in particular - D makes it very seldom but it is a triumph of a dish and the cabbage side will make a change from our standard recipe.

Rabbit pie!
Have a wonderful week everyone, whatever you're doing (and eating!)

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm, those mussels sound fabulous!

    Px

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought....yum....mussels!! Glad you had a good weekend. Lxx

    ReplyDelete