Monday 29 May 2017

MPM: 29th May 2017

Ah, bank holidays. I take these extra days of rest very seriously, to the extent that I have not bothered dressing today. Here I am, on the sofa, in my pyjamas. The cat, who is having a bath beside me, approves.

That is not to say that I have entirely slothful: I have baked bread, made Caesar salad dressing and a quick Asian style pickle, all for tonight's tea. All this lying around makes a girl hungry.

The diary is pretty empty this week so plenty of meals at home. We've ended up with chicken twice next weekend but that's ok - we like chicken. I may flip Friday and Saturday's meals if I'm feeling energetic enough to cook on Friday night.

Monday: Caesar salad to start with, followed by a steak bahn mi. Yeah, I'm not sure what the theme is either. We've never had bahn mi before, but we're loosely following this recipe which sounds delicious.

Tuesday: fast day - soup

Wednesday: tomato and ricotta pasta bake. I've got in mind to try and recreate the baked Ziti dish that I ate from Sbarro back in the days when I lived near a Sbarro. I don't believe that they have any UK branches now.

Thursday: fast day - soup

Friday: chilli con carne (freezer diving at the end of the working week.

Saturday: D's choice - an Ottolenghi recipe from his "Jerusalem" book: chicken with caramelised onions and cardamom rice.

Sunday: Chicken ballontines with spring veg and hasselback potatoes.

Have a good week all!

No comments:

Post a Comment