Monday 27 November 2017

MPM: 27th November 2017

Despite just having the one fast day last week, my body appears to have taken it upon itself to drop a chunk of weight.  I'm 4.2 lbs down this morning.  It all seems a bit odd to me; I wonder if I'm dehydrated or something. 

A relatively quiet week for us - D is out on Friday playing snooker, but other than that, there are no plans which suits me fine. Now that winter is properly upon us I can think of few things nicer than settling down at home in front of our just-installed-this-year wood burning stove. With the cat by my side and a decent book to hand who needs to go outside?

So here's the plan for the week:

Monday - fast day, soup.

Tuesday - another Rafi's curry, this one called Ma's Paretal, made with chicken thighs, mushrooms and little cubes of butternut squash. Not sure that the latter, in particular, is a particularly authentic addition to curry, but never mind.

Wednesday - fast day, soup

Thursday - roasted aubergine macaroni cheese

Friday - probably some sort of prick and ping for me

Saturday - sweet and sour pork with egg fried rice. D thinks that he doesn't like sweet and sour, I hope to prove him wrong.

Sunday - beef stew. I don't think that beef stew is a particularly exciting thing, D hopes to prove me wrong.

Have a good week folks, and don't forget to crack out the Advent calendars,

No comments:

Post a Comment